Saturday, December 31, 2005

I extraxted this from the peom of faiz ahmad faiz " dil man ,musafir man " , i realy like it especially the last couplet
My Heart, My Traveler

tumhe kiya kaho kai kya hai
How can I convey to you, my friend
shab-e-gham buree bala hai
how horrible is a night of lonliness
hamain yeh bhee tha ghaneemat
It would suffice to me
jo koi shumar hota
if there were just some count
humein kiya bura tha merna
I would gladly welcome death
agar aik bar hota
if it were to come but once

5 Comments:

  1. Kashmiri said...
    Ah, the man.

    I would have loved to see this written in Urdu someway, but hey this was an excellent read.

    If you have anymore, shove em on!

    Im gonna be reading your blog, yeah?

    Kashmiri
    Tauqeer said...
    nice, really nice :)
    Anaa said...
    thanx,kashmiri for visiting my blog.
    inshal-Allah in near future i will share some master piece poetry.
    thanx,touqeer,,and welcome to my blog.
    KaNcH-Ki-GuRiYa said...
    awwwwwww soooooooo nice.
    Anaa said...
    Thnax guriya,,for visiting so old post..:)

Post a Comment